With the promise of family and friends gathered around the dinner table on the horizon, now’s the perfect time to invest in a stylish furniture piece to be proud of.
Whether you’re looking for a classic elongated table for your formal dining room or a space saving circular number for your open-plan studio, there’s a host of designs to choose from with prices ranging from the surprisingly affordable up to the realms of investment piece.
Demanding centre stage, a dining table worth its salt (and pepper) should be easily accessible with enough room for guests to pull out chairs and seat themselves comfortably, so make sure you measure up well.
Team your table with the right dining chairs that tuck in neatly and you won’t interrupt its pleasing lines, alternatively opt for trendy canteen-style benches if you’re looking for a relaxed dining experience.
Our round-up features dining tables to suit every taste, space and budget, each one scoring high on style, sturdiness and quality of craftsmanship.
How To Choose The Right Dining Table Set?
Selecting a dining table is comparatively easy. However, there are still a few key features to take into account before investing in this piece of furniture.
- Size: Size is probably the most important factor when purchasing a dining set. It should be large enough to comfortably seat all your family members whether you are a family of 2, 4, or 6. If you have a compact kitchen or dining room, make sure that you are easily able to fit in your dining set without it taking too much of your space.
- Shape: Dining sets come with rectangular, square, round, and oval dining tables. Round tables generally feature pedestal legs and don’t have corners like a square and rectangular table, making it an ideal choice if you are looking to squeeze in a few extra people for dinners and family gatherings.
- Material: Dining tables made of solid hardwoods are great. But if you are looking for a more affordable option, many tables feature wood veneer top and metal construction. They are durable, sturdy, and won’t break your bank.
- Space-saving design: A dining table with leaf allows you to seat guests in the house by extending them. Some dining sets also have benches or stools that easily fit under the table when not in use.
- Style: Choose a dining table that will go with the rest of your home decor. Or go with a contrasting style to add a touch of rustic, modern, or farmhouse style in your living space.
- Height: While most of us are familiar with standard height dining tables, you also have the option to go for counter height ones that come with a slightly elevated seating arrangement.
- Assembly: If you are purchasing a dining set online, chances are they won’t come fully assembled. Most dining sets are easy to assemble and generally include all the tools required in the package.